Saturday, July 21, 2018

Time Waits for No One


Scheduling Timelines
Event planning timelines play a vital part before, during, and after the event. Without a well-thought out timeline, we run the risk of missing important deadlines that are crucial for our client’s event. 

Non-negotiables
When I formulate my first draft of an event timeline, I normally start with the non-negotiables. These are things on the timeline that we cannot move around. By starting with these anchors, I can begin to fill in other items around them to plan out the timeline.

Vendor Timing
Vendors are just as important as our non-negotiable timeline items. Our event suppliers help the event come to life and in order to do so, we need to be aware of their timelines. This will also help to guide the budget and event logistics.

Wiggle Room and Feedback
My draft would always include some wiggle room to account for anything that runs long or does not go exactly according to plan. Once I have completed my event planning timeline, I share it with event stakeholders to determine if there are any potential pain points that I may have overlooked. 

Moving Parts
There are many moving parts to any and all events. Whether it’s a timeline for a corporate or social event, my event planning timeline is my lifesaver. It’s a way to sort the tasks according to relevance, priority, and the advanced time with which they need to be completed. 

Planning Tools
In order to make this task easier Occasion Solutions utilizes planning tools to create timelines such as the one below to ensure we stay on track with all the tasks that need doing. It keeps us working towards the final goal and helps us smoothly execute the event!



No comments:

Post a Comment